A SUMMARY: EUROVISION FOR ANYBODY THAT EVER WONDERED
karaoke weekend at the suicide shack
A 20-year-old escapist from Helsinki, Finland. The name of my blog is a reference to the IAMX album Kingdom of Welcome Addiction. Chris Corner never fails to inspire me and IAMX has been, is and will remain the most important musical figure for me. The name felt very appropriate. That said, my blog mostly consists of EDM, body mods and fashion.
Dear Tumblr users who I don’t know in real life,
I really like seeing your personal posts, even the whiny angsty ones, and particularly the strange boring ones. I like these little windows into your lives even if I’ve never seen pictures of you and all I really know is that we like a few of the same tv shows. Please continue to let me read your to do lists and your conversations with strange relatives.
Stranger from the internet.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE ABHORSEN CHRONICLES:
- BADASS FEMALE PROTAGONISTS: from Sabriel the prefect of an all-girls school to Lirael a shy librarian both of whom turn into duty-bound zombie killing soldier priests who rescue princes and battle necromancers and fight against what is effectively a trapped god, you can keep your Hermione’s and Katniss Everdeen’s thanx (and can we just talk about how the girls in the school TOTALLY JUMP INTO HELP THE SOLDIERS AGAINST KERRIGOR DESPITE KNOWING THEY’RE PROBABLY GOING TO DIE??)
- INCREDIBLE WORLD BUILDING: set in two neighbouring kingdoms - one resembling 1930’s britain the other a medieval fantasy realm that’s fallen into anarchy plagued by Death NOT TO MENTION the world-weary soldiers manning the wall who are sick of your necromantic bullshit
- TALKING ANIMAL COMPANIONS: not as cheesy as you think, since one is a sarcastic cat spirit who is scary as fuck when his true form is revealed and the other a wizened grandmotherly-like dog who rips out undead throats
- COOL MAGIC: though it’s complicated it isn’t once confusing and you can’t beat dual sword-and-bell wielding, bells that can land you into death modeled after the Egyptian afterlife
- GREAT CHARACTERS AND DEVELOPMENT: all the characters are forced to carry a duty and some succeed whilst others don’t but that’s okay because being born into a society doesn’t necessarily mean you belong there
- GOOD ROMANCE: it’s subtle and forged out of friendship and trust and doesn’t define any of the characters or control any of the events in the story
- NEW BOOKS COMING SOON: including Clariel which is a prequel based on Chlorr of the Mask WHO WAS AN ABHORSEN WHO TURNED EVIL!! like how awesome does that sound give me all the downward spirals for female necromancers AND there’s apparently going to be a sequel to the series too!!
- POSSIBLE FILM IN THE MAKING: which means if you wanna get on that fandom first get on it now
- IT’S JUST REALLY GREAT?? despite it being marketed as a YA book it’s still riveting and mature enough for older audiences (I think I might appreciate it more now that I’m older tbh) just UNF
I haven’t actually seen anything from Eurovision this year except the voting results today, because I was always at work, but I think I’ll have to watch them when I have time.
Why is it so hard for people to take mental health seriously? I just had to watch at work how this girl who has astra/brontophobia being ridiculed and pretty much getting yelled at by the two managers. There was a thunderstorm and she was so scared that she couldn’t work, she was crying and had a panic attack. It was pretty obvious that she was scared shitless and they put her work at the drive through, where you can see and hear the thunder? Yeah hat really makes sense. And then when she tells that she can’t take the orders to the cars outside one of these mangers laughs at her? And then later the other manager tells her that she better make the place shine when we were cleaning, because supposedly she hadn’t been working during even half of her shift (which I think was exaggerating). The manger who was in charge and said that did apologise at the end of the day, but that’s just not how you handle these kind of situations. I’m so pissed that mental issues are not taken seriously and their severity isn’t recognised at my workplace. This girl doesn’t even want to come back to work, because of the way people treated her.
wanker and proud
YOU DON’T OWE YOUR PARENTS ANYTHING
IT WAS THEIR CHOICE TO HAVE, KEEP AND RAISE YOU BUT IT WASN’T YOUR CHOICE TO BE THEIR CHILD
ANY EXPECTATIONS OR IDEALS THEY TRY AND ENFORCE ON YOU ARE BULLSHIT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM
THEY SHOULD ACCEPT THEIR CHILD AS THEY ARE NOT JUDGE THEM ON A MINOR DETAIL THAT DOESN’T AFFECT THEIR LIFE
DO NOT FEEL BAD IF YOU AREN’T THE PERFECT CHILD YOUR PARENTS THINK YOU SHOULD BE
needed this. maybe you do too.
This is the kind of shit that just really gets to me and pisses me off. How can you support the gay and lesbian community but then not us? It’s not that difficult to go educate yourself on bisexuality and what it means, and it is really not that difficult to understand. This is not some crazy kinky thing that people choose to do. We’re not some crazy attention whores who are confused and don’t know what we want. Are there some people out there who are confused? Sure. Are there some annoying immature girls out there who just want attention? Sure. Are there bisexual people out there who are promiscuous and jump from one to the other constantly? There are. But that doesn’t give anyone the right to generalize and stereotype all bisexuals as one. You are pegging an entire community of people as something bad, and something not to be taken seriously or even considered “real”, based upon the few who give us a bad reputation.
Generalizing entire communities of people is wrong. Don’t sit there and think you know what kind of person I am because you once witnessed a couple 13 year old girls that claimed to be bi and made out with one another at a party. Those aren’t the faces of bisexuality and that kind of behavior certainly does not represent me or what it means to be bisexual. This is a STEREOTYPE. And it’s WRONG and should NEVER be used as some kind of evidence against why you do not support or accept an entire group/community of people.
Just admit that you are a close-minded and ignorant bigot.
As is sadly typical with many problems in our culture, this one goes back to an overemphasis on sex. People look to sexual acts and think that defines our orientation (like having sex with men or women) when in fact orientation is about capacity. Bisexuals have the capacity to be physically and romantically attracted to both genders. Gay and lesbian people can engage in heterosexual relationships (and often have in the past as a matter of survival.) This is also why people don’t understand trans* individuals—say if someone went from presenting as a straight woman to a gay man—because they don’t understand that it’s how we relate to others through the lens of our identity, not just the biology of sexual intimacy. Gender roles further compound this, too.
Basically, people don’t know what they’re about and immortalize their ignorance on social media. Shame on the lot of them.
that in December, when the second Hobbit movie comes out, we should be seeing both Richard Armitage and Benedict Cumberbatch on a press tour together.
Oh my god, I don’t think my fangirl heart can take that.
Leave Note / Reblog
my internal silent screaming just stopped being silent because of the wheezing air in my throat just everything about the hobbit I need to know more the hobbit benedict cumberbatch richard armitage martin freeman